Thursday, February 28, 2008

Our Visitors This Year!!

In the (almost) 4 years that we have lived overseas, this year was the first year we had family come visit. Not that they weren't all wanting to come earlier, but people DO have to work for a living, they have children, family and other responsibilities. Thankfully though my mother and Jeff's Grandmother were able to come stay with us for a couple weeks this year. My mother came in October and we all had such a good time. We took the kids to the pumpkin patch at a castle nearby in Ludwigsburg, Germany. Then we all went to Venice, Italy which we all absolutely loved. It was so beautiful there, and the drive on the way was amazing. We're so glad we decided to make the drive and not fly. This was my mom's first trip to Europe so I wanted her to see as much as possible. We drove through Austria and Switzerland and the mountains through those countries are breathtaking. After our trip to Italy we came home and re-cooped for a couple days. Jeff had a morning off so my mom and I took that opportunity and we spent the day in Strasbourg, France. We went to the Strasbourg Cathedral also known as the Notre Dame Cathedral in which I think my mom really enjoyed. It was a nice way to spend the day, and really enjoyed the sights. I then finally got to show her the city we call home. We visited the bakeries, the shops, boutiques, markets and of course what our city is known for, the Ulmer Munster. The Munster is the tallest church in the world and of course a huge tourist attraction. During my mom's stay here in between our traveling she also got to see 4 of Jeff's games which I KNOW was the highlight of her whole stay. Thanks mom for coming to visit, we can't wait to have you back :)








No comments: